Tuesday 23 October 2012

Breaking Dawn Quotes: Day 8.2

I puzzled over it, watching him stare at my daughter.  Staring at her like... like he was a blind man seeing the sun for the very first time.
"NO!" I gasped.
Jasper's teeth came together and Edward's arms wrapped around my chest like constricting boas.  Jacob had Renesmee out of my arms in the same second, and I did not try to hold on to her.  Because I felt it coming - the snap that they'd all been waiting for.
"Rose,' I said through my teeth, very slowly and precisely.  "Take Renesmee."...
"Edward, I don't want to hurt you, so please let go of me."
He hesitated.
"Go stand in front of Renesmee," I suggested.
He deliberated, and then let me go.
I leaned into my hunting crouch and took two slow steps forward toward Jacob.
"You didn't," I snarled at him
He backed away, palms up, trying to reason with me  "You know it's not something I can control."
...
"How dare you imprint on my baby" ~Bella, Edward and Jacob, chpt 22




No comments:

Post a Comment