Friday 16 November 2012

Breaking Dawn Quotes: Day 32.2


"I want to try something," I informed him, smiling slightly at his bewildered expression.
I put my hands on both sides of his face and closed my eyes in concentration...

"Bella!" Edward whispered in shock.

I knew it was working then, so I concentrated even harder, dredging up the specific memories I'd saved for this moment, letting them flood my mind, and hopefully is as well.

Some of the memories were not clear - dim human memories, seen through weak eyes and heard through weak ears: The first time I saw his face... the way it felt when he'd held me in the meadow... the sound of his voice through the darkness of my faltering consciousness when he'd saved me from James... his face as he waited under a canopy of flowers to marry me... every precious moment on the island... his cold hands touching our baby through my skin...
And the sharp memories, perfectly recalled: His face when I'd opened my eyes to my new life, to the endless dawn of immortality... that first kiss... that first night...
His lips, suddenly fierce against mine, broke my concentration...

"Oops, I lost it!" I sighed.

"I heard you," He breathed.....

"Now you know," I said lightly, and shrugged.  "No one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you." ~ Bella and Edward chpt 39


No comments:

Post a Comment