Monday 28 January 2013

Happy Pride And Prejudice Day!

Yes, let's.

It was 200 years ago today that this beloved classic by Jane Austen was published..... 200 YEARS!!!! Am I the only one who is shocked by this????  I don't know how many times I've watched one of the movies or read the book, or saw or read something that was inspired by this book.  I've been trying to decide which movie version I like the best - was it the 2005 movie starring Keira Knightley and Matthew McFayden?

One of my favourite scenes from the 2005 adaptation.

The 1995 TV series starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle?

Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy

 Or how about this hilarious Bollywood version?

(Which I watched and was greatly amused, btw...)

Any other ones?  

These are a few of the books that have been inspired by P&P:
Pride and Prejudice and ZombiesAustenland (Austenland, #1)Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1)Twilight (Twilight, #1)
And many many others......

What are your favourites?


No comments:

Post a Comment