Sunday 16 September 2012

Obsessions of a Bad Blogger

Hey, I'm here!  I haven't really gone away - just been doing summer-y type things, and lots of reading.  Added a few reviews to Goodreads - but nothing really reallllllly interesting.  But now that all the fall shows are starting promotions, or, like GLEE,  have actually started their new season..... my focus will shift from books, to TV. I'll still be reading things ( I'm always reading) I just won't have the time to keep up the pace I've enjoyed over the summer

This was my fav reading spot of the summer - our cabin in Valemont, BC

How can this setting NOT be inspiring?

Yes, I am still obsessing on Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness.  In fact I'm almost finished doing up the pinterest page read-along.  I've been enjoying chatting with fellow addicts over on the All Souls Trilogy Discussion Group (or ASTDG) on facebook who have brought many new depths to the discussion than I could've ever figured out on my own!(Philippe is Hercules?? Really??? WOW!) We collectively pool our thoughts, and who knows how many 'eggs' we've discovered together?  This is probably the reason why the SON pinterest page is twice as big as the ADOW one.... I'm just going to have to go back to that page afterwards, because there's many things to add to it!  That's a future re-obsession.... 

Check that out here - leave comments! Vote  for your fantasy ADOW cast...  


I also have a few favorite books I've discovered over the last few months:

YES! You know it's a comin'...... 
IT'S THE FIRST OFFICIAL BREAKING DAWN 2 TRAILER!!!!

And you know what that means?  I get to annoy the c#@p outta my facebook friends one last time by posting BD2 quotes three times a day  BWWAHAHAHAHAHA - You have been warned.... it starts ONE MONTH FROM TODAY (October 16) 
I'm also thinking of the final Twilight DVD party - how will I ever top wedding cake, champagne and feather fascinators?  I don't know yet, but I'm pretty sure there will be imprinting involved....  ;)


A new thang I'm a part of is The Edmonton Book Bloggers group.  We've discovered that there several bloggers in Edmonchuk here, so we decided to have a meet and greet and get to know each other. We are a fabulous group of bloggers who seem to mostly read YA, and have a varying age range.  Our latest meeting was for the Smart Chicks Kick It tour, and we had front row seats to meet Kelley Armstrong, Veronica Roth, Beth Revis, Ally Condie, Charles De Lint, Melissa Marr, and Margaret Stohl! I'm doing another post on that, but it was fantastic!  I don't know how we're going to top that one... anyways, check out the link on the side bar ----->  We are up to 15 members! :)

And I have to mention something that's been buzzing in my brain.... Doodling!! I feel the need to break out the colorful markers and color, color color!  I got to the point where I just happened to be in Staples last week, and I was drooling over all the markers on sale - I had to get them!  Look at all those pretty greens.... and blues... and purple!  And........  

now I want to do these:
Cool coloring pagesOutlines of famous works of art for kids to color. -yeah *cough* for the kids to color *cough*
*YES that last one is a 'color famous works of art' page of Van Gogh's Starry Night - squeeeee!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi there! It's so cool to find and follow another Edmonton book blogger! Looking forward to reading your recap post! I all of a sudden have the urge to break out all my old colouring books now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aylee :) Maybe that can be a theme for an upcoming meeting?? LOL I'm glad our recruiting plan seemed to work at Smart chicks, although if there would have been time, we could have squeezed you in with us....

      Delete
  2. Had fun meeting up with you!! :D My focus is all over the place now.. School, piano, books, Glee, Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who, oh my god. Hey, where'd you get the picture of the owl? You're making me want to doodle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I can't wait for VD - actually, I found a board game at the dollar store for Vampire Diaries (I kid you not!) and puzzles, and my neighbour and I played it on Friday night just for laughs!! It was as cheesy as we expected hahaha. The owl pic is from pinterest - there's more like it :) http://www.doverpublications.com/zb/samples/480356/children72b.htm

      Delete
  3. Yay for Fall TV! I'm like you ... I read a lot in the Fall, but I also love checking out the new shows, though I'm a little bummed that some of my favourites either have been cancelled, or are finished this season (Chuck, House, Weeds, Gossip Girl). Hopefully I can find some new ones to fill the gaps! I think I'm most excited for Dexter, Beauty & The Beast, The Big Bang Theory ... and so much more!

    And I can't wait until Breaking Dawn: Part 2! We should totally have a blogger meet up for the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always go opening night :) Tickets look like they're going on sale Oct 1 :) We go to the AVX theater so we can reserve seats and we don't have to wait in line for hours.

      The new shows I'm looking forward to are Beauty and the beast, the new green Arrow show and Revolution, but looking forward to Once Upon A Time and Dexter to start as well As VD HAHA and I don't even want to start on all the reality shows.... Good thing I have a PVR!! I'm sad that Secret Circle and Terra Nova aren't coming back :( Oh yeah - Isn't everyone watching BBT?

      Delete